NEW BOAT DELIVERY TRAINING
September 06, 2021
Ocean Craft Marine (Ocean Craft Marine ) takes great care and great pride in each and every one of our new boat deliveries. And it is especially important to us that each and every one of our new boat operators receives expert hands-on training with their new boat(s).
Over the years, Ocean Craft Marine has fully maturated our various training programs to provide the most comprehensive courses of instruction to ensure that all of our boat-operators fully-understand all the technical and maintenance aspects of their particular boat’s major sub-systems (e.g. engines, tube-set, seating, electronics, etc.) and that they receive both in-classroom and on-water operator training to ensure that they have all the necessary skill-sets to operate their new boats both efficiently and safely and to operate that boat to its maximum potential in any sea-conditions which they might encounter.
Our various training modules are individually tailored for each type of boat, the specific operational environment and the intended mission-profiles in which that boat is expected to engage and operate in, whether it is a law-enforcement boat or one of our many adventurous amphibious boats that is parked at your beach-house.
Our training modules include, but are not limited to:
- Boat, Engine and Trailer Maintenance and Winterization
- Performance Attributes and Handling Characteristics of a High-Performance RHIB
- Trailering, Boat Ramp Launch and Recovery
- Pre and Post-Underway Checklists
- Mission Planning and GAR Model Risk Assessment
- Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Search and Rescue at Sea (SEASAR)
- Man Over Board Approach and Recovery (MOB)
- One-Man, Two-Man and Parbuckling Recovery
- Boat Self-Righting Systems
- Situational Awareness
- Crew Communication/Coordination and Division-of-Labor
- Vessel Pacing and Compliant Visit Board Search and Seizure (VBSS) Operations
- Close-Quarters Maneuvering and High-Speed Maneuvering
- Astern and Along-Side Towing Operations
- Throttle and Trim Adjustment
- Riverine and Shoal Water Operations
- Beaching and Amphibious Boat Operations in Varying Terrains
- Amphibious Boat Trailer Loading and Off-Loading
- Exclusion Zone Enforcement
- Advanced Radar Operations
- Advanced Electronic Navigation
- Radio Communication Procedures
Todd Salus, Ocean Craft Marine Vice President, leads and overseas the Ocean Craft Marine in-house training team and curriculum development. Todd is a retired Senior Patrol Leader and Combat Veteran of the United Sates Navy’s Coastal and Riverine Warfare Squadron Two-Five. He is a veteran of both Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom, during which he planned and led well over 300 patrol-craft, combat-missions within the Central Command AOR, for which his unit was awarded the Navy Unit Commendation. Todd is the recipient of three awards of the Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal, two awards of the Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary and Service Medals as well as many other personal awards.
Todd Salus also holds a current USCG Merchant Marine Masters, Near-Coastal, Officer’s License. In the direct aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans, Louisiana, Todd Salus at the bequest of the State Governor merged his expertise with a team from the U.S. Army’s 82nd Airborne Division in direct-action waterborne rescue missions and provided concurrent waterborne rescue training for same.